Friday 16 December 2011

Ethereal Collage

I had so much fun taking these photographs because I'd abandoned my photography for a week or two and wanted to get that buzz feeling again.

We have quite a big garden but this time of year there’s not really much going on. That’s why I love macro; it takes you into another world, a miniature world! If you are ever in doubt, macro is the way forward.

These images I believe work nicely as a set, as there is an ongoing ghostly feel. I focused on a section in the garden where our chickens ‘hang out’ because there were lots of feathers and beautiful leaves on the floor.

I also used colour balance to alter and bring out some of the natural tones. The final touches on Photoshop can make all the difference. The colour palettes of lilac, white, grey etc seem quite wintery despite no snow.

































2 comments:

  1. These photos are absolutely beautiful! I love the feathers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks Megan. I like your blog too, feathers and freckles, what a great name for a blog! glad you liked my feather pictures ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...