Tuesday 24 January 2012

Messy Church Feb 2012 – Hands on Activities

Often when producing photographs of young children, I’ve found its best to be safe and have not put their faces up on the web. So often I tend to stick to less obvious shots.


For example experimenting with depth of field can be extremely helpful, focusing on an object instead of a face. Even concentrating on arts and crafts materials or the art work the kids have created can be a fun way to express a feeling from the day.


Throughout my work with Messy Church, I’ve included hands as my main subject matter. I have developed this idea through messy church because of how many hands on activities have been offered.






This can also be a fabulous way of including people in your shots, and to describe a little about the person, for example revealing an approximate age.


I like to challenge myself with new projects, so far Messy Church has been a great learning experience for me and I have gained some background knowledge in my photography subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...