Tuesday 17 January 2012

The red rose and other pretty things up close

After looking outside the window one afternoon, I noticed the light hitting a single red rose, in a very magical way. This was the beginning of my inspiration for my latest group of photographs.

The lighting on this particular day was pretty spectacular. It was the day before all the frost started arriving. I think that might have had something to do with the low sun light which really made my images much more interesting.




I think this was a turning point for me, for the reason that I started to consider things in more depth, for example lighting. The rose image I took was the first photography I took and believe it was one of my best from the day. It also reminds me of the rose in Beauty and the best, maybe that’s what interested me to take the picture. 



I completed some other macro work, using hints of frost and interesting debris I found on the ground. For this shoot, my macro skills developed a fair bit, including my awareness of other elements such as natural light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...